Wednesday 8 April 2020

Something In The Rain


Have you seen this drama?
The genre of this drama is romance.
the synopsis of this drama is:
When a single career woman reunites with her best friend's younger brother after he returns from three years of working abroad, their efforts to reconnect grow into romance.
In my opinion, I am focusing on her career path. here, the main character phasing harassment in her office. at the beginning of the story, it's told that the she can not handle the harassment. But, at the end finally she brave herself to make a report about this. at the end, the harasser just need to apologize, but she has to get transferred to another office because of her report. so, it looks like she get the punishment instead of the harasser get punishment.

Actually, this is happen to me too around 2 years ago. I got harassment at my office while I am on the site. the harasser just apologize to me, but I knew that he did not mean it. and after that, my manager transferred me. and I got black mail from other male colleague about this. so, it looks like I ma the wrong one because I make a report about harassment.
Actually, before I make a report, I consulted to all female workers that I knew. they encourage me to make a report. and also, i consult it to my male colleague. but, after the investigation, no one to testify and the female co-worker (only 1), backstabbing me and told my manager that I am just make an excuse.
I think, when someone sit on my lap twice, it's not an accident , but he mean it. I told the harasser that I don't like it. but he just make a joke that maybe later I will enjoy it. How humiliated that.
Everytime I think about this incident, it make me cringe. and for few months I couldn't sleep and has nightmare because of this. and what's the result of this? I got transferred to remote location, I got bad appraisal from my manager saying that I am hard to comunicate (he clearly said because I made the report) and I'm traumatized with man (literally it's creep me out everytime someone touch me).

So, in conclussion, even though there is Harassment Policy, I think it just bullshit. the employer of course try to protect the face of their company, the harasser just playing innocent and make a lot of excuse, And the victim only can cry and no shoulder to cry on.

I just hope that no one facing the same problem as me. GBU

0 komentar:

Post a Comment